I love the holidays. It sure makes me warm and cozy inside thinking about family togetherness, good food, old and new traditions, and frosty snow. This year the snow was lacking, but we tried to make up for it in other ways.
He is a review of our holiday season this year.
 |
| The Nutcracker with the Whitesides women. |
Christmas cookies with the kids. Such a yummy tradition. Doing it for two years in a row makes it a tradition, right?
 |
| Mike, getting serious. |
 |
| I just couldn't get enough of these two. |
|
|
 |
| The Nativity. Maybe the sweetest Mary and Joseph I've seen yet. |
 |
| Asher baby. |
 |
| Playing with new Nerf toys. We got creative. |
|
|
The Annual Gygi/ McDonald snowmobiling trip. The weather was beautiful. The snow magical. The machines powerful. Just how I like it.
 |
| Candace and Grant |
 |
| Staci and Jill |
 |
| Mr. Jon |
 |
Heather. The best passenger.
This year my Dad rented a GINORMOUS house for us to celebrate in for a few days after Christmas.
We had MANY a good meals. Lots of good laughs. Spent some time with the Gygi employees. And enjoyed being together.
I have learned that the only way to get my family's FULL attention is to remove all distraction of real life. My dad and mom have always encouraged us to work hard, and I think we sometimes take it to literally. We tend to work until we're dead. I have loved having the break between Christmas and New Years to relax and prepare for the coming year.
The Stone Hill Mansion
 |
Ella sneaking away a few balls.
|
 |
Even how she eats is cute.
|
Josie trying to steal "Rock 'em Sock 'em" after I won!
Ty proved to be the air hockey champ on his birthday. What a way to ring in 26 years of life!
Here are some contenders:
And this is how we observed from the side lines:
Jon's using a little extra protection.
We broke tradition in celebrating Ty's Day of Birth/ and New Years with my family.
The party was just as jubilant, but the amount of shrimp consumed was minimal. We may be back to tradition next year.
It is always fun to look back on the year and think about how much has happened in just 365 days.
This year has been nothing short of astounding!
I loved being able to just have some "down time" with the family. It makes moments like this possible!
My Dad with Little Asher
By the end I think we were all feeling as Heather shows below. Partied out and ready for real life. But we enjoyed every laugh in between.
On our way home, we stopped for a Polar Bear party for Kira.
It was great to celebrate such a special little 6 year old.
So what is it that makes the holidays so festive?
The good food? Maybe.
The presents? Definitely helps.
The snow? Not this year.
The sickness shared? I hope Santa brings tissues next year!
I really think it is the memories created and remembered.
And I am sure glad the people I have in my life are so great to make memories with.
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment